One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis. Its signs are rarely taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude can eventually lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you should carefully monitor your health, especially for men of a more mature age. Today they talk about this disease quite a lot, but they often exaggerate, or on the contrary, underestimate its importance and danger. Let's take a look at what it really is, what are the first symptoms of prostatitis in men and what to do.
What is prostatic disease?
To begin with, you need to find out what this disease is. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland, i. e. the prostate gland, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ that provides motility and viability of sperm. Accordingly, with her diseases and impaired activity, a decline in sexual function is observed.
Usually men are exposed to the disease in their 20s, the older a man is, the higher the risk. It should be noted that it can occur in both acute and chronic forms, in which the symptoms of prostatitis do not appear.
Among the consequences of the disease are prostate cancer and infertility. Note that, statistically, this disease in a chronic form is observed in almost half of men aged 20 to 50 years.
Today, medicine is very closely related to this problem, looking at prostatitis, its symptoms and treatment. It is treated quite successfully, the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. So every man, especially after age 30, should see his doctor for a checkup at least every six months.
Types of diseases and manifestations of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on the cause of the disease and how it goes away, there are only 5 types of these diseases:
- Acute prostatitis. This one is quite difficult. It is the result of bacteria attacking prostate tissue. The main cause of the manifestation is neglect of hygiene and other features that should cause inflammation. This type is quite rare and treatment takes place in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type occurs in about 30-35% of inflammatory cases. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of prostatitis in men do not appear immediately, and in addition, they can subside spontaneously even without treatment. And then a new aggravation occurs with greater force, and this can continue indefinitely. There is also a risk of stone formation, development of an abscess, and other complications, including the growth of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of the disease to diagnose, since its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic region, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, disorders of the nervous system and psychosis may be observed. The diagnosis in this case can be made only by exclusion, since even very frequent tests do not show signs of inflammation.
- Chronic prostatitis without symptoms. This form progresses without symptoms and is detected only by urinalysis, because it contains many bacteria and white blood cells during the illness.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. Very often it manifests as a side effect of prostate irradiation and drug treatment. This disease usually has no symptoms. During the development of the disease, prostate tissue is replaced by connective tissue leading to dysfunction of the gland.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each form of the disease, you can distinguish your own symptoms, but you can note the symptoms of prostatitis in men for each form, specifically:
- Urinary problems. This is what is included in the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. Due to inflammation, the urethra is compressed, so pain, burning, and other problems can occur.
- Weak orgasms and poor erections.
- Accelerate ejaculation during intercourse.
- Strong decrease in potency or absence.
- Frequent anxiety and depression.
These markings become basic to all species. If you notice that they appear in you, then you should immediately contact a urologist. You can also learn what symptoms of prostatitis may persist and how to protect yourself from the disease. But consulting an experienced professional is simply necessary.
Why are there symptoms of prostatitis in men?
If you do not want to feel all the signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms yourself, then you should know the main causes of its manifestation and eliminate them completely. Basically, the disease is caused by a state of neglect of health, namely:
- Inflammation caused by exposure to sexually transmitted diseases.
- A sedentary lifestyle, often leads to poor blood circulation.
- Sexual factors (interruption of intercourse, prolonged abstinence, prolongation of artificial PA).
- Immune system problems.
- The body experiences long-term and frequent hypothermia.
- Stress is unchanged.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Ignore the basic rules of hygiene.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other reasons can lead to the disease.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis and its complications?
It has been said that prostatitis causes a lot of inconvenience such as difficulty urinating, erectile dysfunction, . . . But these are just the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. In case the patient does not receive timely medical care, more serious consequences may occur, specifically:
- If treatment is neglected for a long time, the prostate gland loses its function and cannot produce an adequate amount of secretion, so in 40% of cases the disease leads to infertility.
- With self-treatment, a significant decrease in immunity can occur, which will aggravate the situation.
Therefore, we note that treatment should only be carried out under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
If you want the manifestations of prostatitis, symptoms and other problems associated with it to not affect you, then you should take precautions, which will help reduce your risk of prostate cancer. sick:
- Observe all the rules of personal hygiene.
- Have an active sex life.
- Review your diet for adequate amounts of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Worried about increasing immunity.
- Reduce stress.
- In case of any manifestation of the disease, get timely treatment.
These simple rules will help keep yourself safe. However, if the first symptoms of prostatitis appear in you, then you should immediately consult a doctor.